No-Egg Hollandaise Sauce
Hollandaise sauce is one of the key ingredients for Eggs Benedict, and is traditionally made with egg yolk, butter and lemon juice. Crowned with a little salt and white pepper, this sauce can’t quite be matched with plant-based substitutes.
With Nomelet’s egg yolk mimicking a silky and soft texture, we can make a quick and fool-proof vegan substitute. Psyllium husk powder is used to make sure that the sauce doesn’t break with the addition of acids
- 3 tbsp Nomelet (45 ml)
- ½ cup Vegan Butter (melted)
- 1 ml Lemon Juice
- 1 ml White Wine Vinegar
- 0.1 g Psyllium Husk Powder
- Pinch of White Pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Pour the Nomelet into a jug. Slowly add the vegan butter using a hand blender and keep blending until it is fully emulsified.
- Add the psyllium husk powder and keep blending. After it starts to thicken ad the lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
- Add the salt and White pepper to your taste and blend it for the last time.
- Serve it immediately.
The sauce can be stored at room temperature for 2 hours. If stored in the refrigerator, it will firm up. Before serving, quickly blend again with a hand blender.