Vegan Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Are these your first days on a plant-based diet but you are craving sweets more than ever? Or are you trying to eat healthier and more wholesome but you feel like you deserve a treat? Congratulations, you found the right recipe.
This luscious yet guilt-free cheesecake recipe is not only vegan but also refined-sugar free. I know that it sounds impossible but believe me, this no-bake dark chocolate cheesecake will surprise you.
- Total Time: 3 hours
For the Filling
- 300 g Cashews (soaked overnight)
- 80 ml Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 50 g Cocoa Butter (melted)
- 200 ml Coconut Milk (full-fat)
- 300 ml 70% Dark Chocolate (melted)
For the Base
- 90 g Almond Flour
- 75 g Coconut Flour
- 60 g Pistachio Flakes
- 40 g Cocoa Butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup
- Line a 23 cm ring mould’s sides with baking paper cut to size and set aside.
- To prepare the base, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, and pistachio flakes in a blender.
- Add the melted cocoa butter and agave syrup and pulse until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the base mixture into the cake mould and flatten it out evenly with the help of a metal spoon. Put the mould in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Add the soaked cashews to a high-speed blender with coconut milk. Blend it until it is smooth.
- Add the agave and vanilla extract and keep blending it until no crumbs remain.
- Add the melted chocolate and cocoa butter while the blender is running. Make sure that the chocolate doesn’t freeze up, and keep blending it until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the base and flatten it out, ensuring it is all even.
- Put the cheesecake back in the refrigerator and let it rest for 2 hours.
- You can slice and serve the cheesecake after it has firmed up.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 2 hours
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan